This is the last major UI patch before version 1.0. This adds support for the few remaining inaccessible screens and fixes missing unlock texts. Note that, despite the leaderboard and daily leaderboard screens being supported, your own scores will not be automatically uploaded due to Slay the Spire preventing modded games from posting scores.
- Added: Unlock texts (such as cards, characters, and relics being unlocked) will now be read correctly. Note that you can't view information on what you just unlocked on the unlock screen; this is a game limitation as far as I can tell and everyone has to check other screens for that info.
- Fixed: The daily run screen will no longer constantly force the buffer focus onto the UI buffer.
- Added: The daily leaderboard is now supported.
- Added: The leaderboards screen is now supported.
- Added: The credits are now read out.
- Added: The patch notes screen is now supported.
- Added: The run history screen is now fully supported.
- Fixed: element types (such as button) will now actually be localized
- Fixed: the dropdown menus have been refactored behind the scenes. This shouldn't have any noticeable effects but please report it if there are any.
- Added: Russian localization (thanks @darrthscorrp)
- Added: Added an official API for other mods to interact with Say the Spire. for more information, please see the relevant section of the documentation.
- Fixed: The shop has been reworked; cards that are added after the shop opens (for example from the courier artifact) will now be correctly read out
- Fixed: Speech will now actually interrupt for all inputs (not just controllers)
- Fixed: The info from shortcut keys (for example ctrl b to see block in combat) can now be correctly localized.
- Added: Added a comma between your list of powers and the word powers to make it less ambiguous
- Added: Added additional logging info to more reliably detect issues when loading speech handlers.
- Added: Added monster name substitutions as certain monsters have multiple variants, yet they have the same name for all versions of the monster. The blue and red slavers should now be correctly read out. If there are any more monsters like this that I missed please let me know.
- Fixed: The game will no longer crash when disabling ascension mode due to an incorrect string path.
- Added: The game can now be localized. If there is a file for your language, messages from Say the Spire should automatically use that language. Note that there are no other language files yet besides English. For more information on localization or how to contribute localized strings, see the documentation.
- Added: Screen reader output via Speech Dispatcher on Linux (thanks Lilmike).
- The Map:
- Fixed edge tags not reading when cursoring over a map node
- Edges that require flight are now correctly labeled and the mod does not consider every edge to require flight once you obtain the Winged Boots
- The map viewer no longer focuses an incorrect node at the start of act 3 when cursoring over a node on the map.
- The map viewer will no longer crash if looking for a backward path in Act 4
- The currently focused map choice is now read out again when you view the map screen
- This was a large update; most of the code behind the scenes was refactored in order to support localization. Localization is not quite ready yet; this update is to make sure that the initial changes to the framework are working. There haven't been many obvious changes to the gameplay itself.
- The map:
- This update significantly refactors the code for map navigation behind the scenes. The new code allows for easier localization as well as potential support for other types of maps and methods for viewing the maps in the future. No immediate changes should be noticeable (besides some text updates), however this was a significant update so some things may be broken that I missed. Please report anything that seems to not be working as intended.
- Nodes you can travel to via flight only (for example using the Wing Boots relic) are now marked with "requires flight"
- Fixed: Issue where null text values could be output, causing most speech handlers to crash.
- Added: You can use ctrl p to check your powers.
This is a quick patch to fix a bug where the virtual input setting was not being checked consistently. This lead to the virtual input keyboard support being always active as well as controller behavior being odd on certain screens.
This is a quick fix to prevent a number of issues prior to adding localization support.
- The mod will no longer cause the game to crash due to conflicting versions of com.google.gson. This was causing crashes with some mods that use gson such as Downfall.
- com.google.gson is now used behind the scenes for json loading and saving. This should not change mod functionality in any way but this was needed to prepare for localization support.
- The mod no longer bundles a number of redundant dependencies in the .jar file. This should noticeably reduce the startup time of the game.
- Fixed an error in change log (you remove cards, not sell them) and updated documentation important notes with Steam accessibility changes and some clarifications.
- input.json now is actually loaded and no longer throws a null pointer exception.
- Added some keyboard shortcuts:
- ctrl+y: Read player energy
- ctrl+i: Read incoming damage (summarized monster intents)
- alt+i: Read the intents of all monsters in sequence
- Speech output:
- Speech handlers can be reordered (for example you could set clipboard output first if you prefer)
- System speech (such as SAPI) can now be forced for speech handlers that support it.
This should be the last general bug fix and gameplay notification patch before more features are added.
- Added: Achievement items on the character stats screen now have location information.
- Fixed: Block gains are now correctly read out if block was already greater than 0 (it was previously triggering on the wrong event and only reading when your block was 0 before the gain.)
- Added: Combat orb events are now read out (such as when they are channeled and when they are evoked). This can be configured; see the config section of the documentation for more info.
- Added: Monster deaths are now read out.
- Fixed: The input.json loading process is no longer horribly broken. This will allow for more actions to be mapped successfully without causing the game to crash.
- Added additional keyboard hotkeys to quickly read important player
- The current act boss (ctrl n)
- Player Block (ctrl b)
- Player Gold (ctrl g)
- Player HP (ctrl h)
- Fixed: The manual installation instructions in the documentation were incorrect; this has been fixed.
- Fixed: The Gremlin Match game card bug is now actually fixed and will no longer read all of the possible cards before the game starts
- Added: The character stats screen is now supported. This screen appears to be buggy however and will not let you scroll to the individual character stats (below the achievement grid) correctly some of the time. This seems to be a game issue and not a mod one.
- A large number of events are now correctly read out:
- Card manipulation events, such as cards being exhausted and added to your hand, draw, discard, and deck as well as the discard pile being shuffled into the draw pile
- Cards are now read out when shown briefly (for example when two random cards are upgraded)
- Obtained gold
- Obtained key
- Obtained potion
- Obtained relic
- Added: You can now disable obtained events (obtain potion, relic, etc) and in combat card events (card exhausted, etc). For information on this, see the config documentation.
A number of gameplay fixes and additions.
- Added: Blights are now accessible.
- Fixed: The buffers now correctly update when switching between items as per the pre-0.2.0 behavior. You should no longer get inaccurate player hp values when moving between items in the player buffer for example.
- Added: You can now prevent all element types (such as button) from being read or prevent specific element types from being read. See the configuration documentation for more information.
- Fixed: Buttons in the main menu are now actually considered buttons by the mod so UI settings related to them now work properly.
This patch fixes a number of issues related to UI.
- The compendium screens are now fully supported
- The various deck view screens (draw, discard, etc) now read your total number of cards on that screen and announce the screen you are on.
- Location now properly announced
- A new config setting has been added to improve mod compatibility as the localization fixes in the last beta broke certain card descriptions that were updated during gameplay by various mods. If you want to use certain mods that do this, set advanced.use_updated_card_description in your settings.ini file to true. Note that this will most likely break localization for certain languages (currently confirmed to break for Japanese).
- Fixed an issue where numbers followed by punctuation would read incorrectly, for example the Feed card. See the text parsing section.
- Combat Rewards Screen
- All rewards now have location information and properly update buffers
- Fixed potential bug with Gremlin Match game where it would read the names of all cards as the event started
- General Gameplay Screen
- All of the tooltips and associated resources are now viewable by browsing the main screen as intended (they are to the left of your potions)
- The ascension level tooltip is now accessible (to the right of your potions)
- Power tips (the descriptions of any applied powers in the buffer) will no longer incorrectly show formatting information if that information occurs at the start of the first word of the effect description (for example #y at the beginning of weak's description)
- Monsters now have location information
- Potion location is now properly announced
- Fixed a bug where you could not read the tooltip for an empty potion slot
- Potion rarity has been added to the potion buffer
- Location is now properly announced
- Relic rarity has been added to the relic buffer
- All shop items now have location information approximately corresponding to their on screen position
- The button to remove a card is now actually announced as a button and has location information
- Text Parsing
- Fixed a bug where words containing numbers would break if the number was immediately followed by punctuation. this primarily effected cards such as feed, where the 3 hp increase was read as !m!.
- The versioning scheme has been changed to semantic versioning. This should allow for more clear version numbering for frequent updates instead of large spread out beta releases as it has been so far.
- Added: Introduction of the virtual input system allowing for keyboard support and additional mod specific menus. See the Virtual Input section of the readme for more information.
- Fixed: Strategic (attack and debuff intent) damage now correctly shows multihitting attacks
- Fixed: If no screen reader is running, the mod now correctly defaults to using SAPI on Windows.
- Fixed: Potential issues with speech not stopping on button press or stopping at the wrong time
- Fixed: Resolution options in settings no longer have "tab tab" after them
- Fixed: You can no longer see a face down or locked card's energy cost.
- Fixed: A number of issues related to buffers have been fixed
- Buffers should no longer eroniously report null items
- When the mod focuses a buffer (for example when moving over a card and the buffer for that card is selected), the buffer now correctly updates. this should prevent needing to refocus the buffer to read card information in some situations.
- Fixed a potential crash if no buffer was selected and you tried to read the next or previous item.
- Fixed a long standing bug where trying to review buffer items on the treasure chest screen would crash the game.
- Fixed: A number of issues related to parsing text in certain languages
- Variable numbers on cards should now be read for all languages such as damage or block (thanks to @yncat for the code contribution).
- Fixed issue in settings menu where the language dropdown would have formatting tags read for some languages
- Strings of single characters will no longer crash the game in certain situations. This may fix issues with certain non-English language strings crashing the game.
- Added: Two new settings have been added to the config file: resources.dispose_resource_files and resources.unload_native_libs. These were added to deal with a rare issue with certain Steam setups that can cause the game to crash upon closing. These are both on by default but should be set to false if people are experiencing game crashes. The issue has most likely been fixed but these settings are left here just in case.
- Added: Messages sent to logs by Say the Spire have been standardized to fit the style of Slay the Spire's logs. This should make debug output a lot more clear.
- Added: The Say the Spire version is announced after the splash screen fully fades out.
- Fixed: The game should no longer crash on shutdown for some steam setups due to unloading the wrong native libraries too early. If a crash on shutdown occurs please report it (see the known issues section of this change log).
- Fixed: Dropdown menus that are not yet recognized by the mod will no longer cause the game to crash. As a result the run history screen will no longer crash the game. Note that the screen itself is still not yet read by the mod.
- Added: Card rarity is now included in the card buffer (thanks to @ohylli for the code contribution).
- There was a rare crash for certain Steam setups that occured when the game is closed. It is believed that this issue is fixed, however if this happens, open settings.ini and change dispose_resource_files and unload_native_libs to false under the resources section. Screen reader dlls and a few .lib files will be left in your Slay the Spire program directory but nothing else will be effected.
Fixed: An update to Slay the Spire broke the mod due to a game file being removed; this has been fixed. Please report any other issues that may have been introduced in the most recent Slay the Spire update.
Added: Certain UI elements (such as cards and orbs) now read their relative positions
Fixed: The death text quote now reads correctly if you lose multiple runs in the same game session
Added: the proceed option is now read out
Fixed: You can no longer view card information if the cards are visually face down or locked
Added: Match and Keep (the gremlin card matching event) is now supported
Added: A config file can now be found in either your local app data (windows) or home config directory (linux). Currently the only supported config options are UI position reading, banner text reading, proceed reading, in battle block gains, in battle buff/debuff text, and reversed path reading.
Fixed: Removed some redundant checks for hovered cards, hopefully this should remove some of the UI issues like some cards being read multiple times (this does not effect the hand, which I cannot fix)
Added: All controller inputs now interrupt speech (as per normal screen reader behavior when using a keyboard application). This should make the game feel less sluggish.
Changed: There have been some behind the scenes UI changes. Please report any buttons labeled incorrectly.
Fixed: Hopefully the last of the settings name issues has been fixed (upload data no longer has #B in the name)
Fixed: Dropdown menus in settings now read the elements correctly when the dropdown scrolls vertically
Added: When a new event occurs, the event buffer's position is changed to that event
Fixed: The player name is now correct for when text above them is read during combat (this would break when changing save slots).
Fixed: Sort button headers for card grids should now be reading properly
Added: Initial support for the daily climb screen. Only the challenge info is read currently, the leaderboard will come in the next beta.
Fixed: Power text in combat should now be reading properly again. This is currently experimental and may still be broken. There are some oddities in the way text is displayed; I'm outputting how the game displays the text (for example when a buf is initially applied, it only says the name and not the initial amount).
Added: In combat block gains are announced.
- Added: Initial support for sort header buttons, however I don't think this is working properly
- Fixed: It was possible to have incorrect speech libraries be loaded or have working speech libraries fail to load
- Fixed: Some tooltips in settings were not being parsed correctly
- Fixed: Certain Settings screen items had incorrect tooltips associated with them due to the UI buffer not updating
- Added: The custom mode screen is now supported
- Added: Death and victory screens are now supported
- Aded: You can view game over stats on the death and victory screens individually (move over them, check buffers for additional descriptions if any)
- Added: Hopefully boss chests are read properly.
- Added: The banner is now read (some text at the top of the screen used contextually in diferent parts of the game). This includes a short line of text on the death screen, screen titles for areas such as awards "spoils!" etc.
- Added: When the map does a long scroll animation, the act boss is read
- Fixed: Player name in player buffer is now correct when switching between save slots
- Treasure chests are now read? Hopefully?
- Fixed: Previously missing event text is now read properly (speech interrupt on card selection screens, etc was interrupting it)
- Changed: The monster short (text read when hovering over a monster) is now more convenient; the intent and block are read before the hp
- Added: keywords on cards are now in the card buffer.
- Fixed: Buffers would crash on certain screens, such as the death screen
- Fixed: Buffers should no longer read "name: null" when moving to them
- Fixed: Main menu buttons would sometimes repeat their label infinitely if you skipped past them too quickly (for example mashing select from the game over screen)
- Fixed: In combat events should no longer break in weird ways (such as wrong enemy names, wrong dialogue associated with each event, etc)
- Added: You can now see the relic and card previews for event choices (they show up in their respective buffers)
- Fixed issue where buffers updated at the wrong time (this could lead to buffers reading as empty when they were not, etc). also added more accurate buffer error messages.
- The location of the emerald key is now announced on the map (as burning icon)